Southwest Oral & Implant Surgery Specialists
Houston and Sugar Land Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, Drs. Jason and Anu Hullett, have specialty training for comprehensive oral and maxillofacial surgery for both the office and hospital setting. We each have over 18+ years experience, are certified, highly credentialed, and we like to follow rules. We are dedicated to placing dental implants for aesthetic and functional restoration, simple to complex bone grafting-techniques, wisdom teeth removal, dental extractionsIV sedation every day. Decades of dedicated focus to these specific oral surgery procedures has created the ability to work efficiently and provide excellent quality care to our patients.
We are a family-owned, small private office where we will get to know you, we care about your overall well-being, and we use our experience and judgment to give you excellent results.
We have been trusted with the care of generations of families, loved ones of our colleagues and dear friends of our patients. This is the kind of old-fashioned care that we want to be known for.
We have great respect for fear and the amount of trust you need to place in your surgeon’s ability. Equally important, we keep our services very affordable. You will receive a treatment plan that is based on the gold standard of care and common sense, as our care must make sense to you.
Our mission is simple: to provide you the best care.
We work very closely with your dentist and offer you open communication about your treatment options. Your referring dentist will form a comprehensive plan and perform your restorative services. We are proud to work with very skilled restorative dentists that tirelessly work to achieve customized bite balance and aesthetics.
We have many patients who are out-of-towners, new to Houston, and without a dentist. If you need a dentist, we will match you with one who is ethical, caring, skilled and professional.
Our office maintains a relaxed atmosphere and a friendly, informed staff that are willing to answer your questions upfront. We know that even a consultation can be nerve-wracking and we want you to be comfortable. This is your health and we are in this together to take care of it.
Please peruse our website as it has a wealth of information and likely to contain answers to your questions. Be assured, if you ever need us after hours, you will be able to reach Drs. Hullett through answering service by calling Houston Office Phone Number 713-439-7575.
What is a consult and why is it so important? Consider it the “measure twice…” part.
In our surgical office, a consultation is done to:
- evaluate the patient:
- their overall medical, surgical and psychological health to assess their ability to withstand and cooperate with the surgery intra-operatively
- their ability to heal well post-operatively
- evaluate lab work, EKG and other supportive data that is specific to you
- perform a detailed head and neck physical exam as well as cardiac and lung exam
- request other specialty such as ENT, TMJ or medical consultation (Cardiac, Rheumatology, Endocrine) to do their own evaluation PRIOR to us doing invasive surgery
- to evaluate which procedure and anesthetic techniques would best serve you
- review all of the risks and benefits of your treatment choices
- you may receive more than one treatment option with a breakdown of the estimated cost for you to decide which is best for you
A surgical consultation with the providing surgeon cannot be skipped.
Our consultations include visual, written and verbal exchange of information.
Have Confidence in Your Smile! Get in Touch Today
We are a family owned private office where we will get to know you, we care about your over all well-being, and we use our experience and judgement to give you excellent results.
Schedule an appointment or call us today! Make an Appointment
Houston (713) 439-7575 || Sugar Land (281) 277-6622
What is the purpose of using our specialty services?
- Treatment of an existing disease process
- removal of infected teeth, abscess
- removal of cysts, tumors
- removal of impacted teeth obstructing the health of other teeth
- Restoration of function via placing implants
- chewing (distribute the bite forces equally)
- Restoration of form
- aesthetics via placement of implants in the smile line
- preparation for orthodontic movement
- Preservation of vital structures
- reduce the risk of nerve damage in difficult anatomical relations
- reduce the risk of bone loss
- maintain healthy sinus and teeth
- Prevention of recurrence
- surgical removal of pathologic processes
- patient education-oriented office to easily improve daily oral hygiene
- Providing treatment options
- educate patients on options if available and best course to maintain oral health
- Efficient treatment time
- Oral surgery is all we do, all day long, for the past 20 years
- We tend to receive the most difficult scenarios and treat with the most gentle, conservative techniques
Dental Implants in Houston and Sugar Land
Understanding the Value of Dental Implants
- Implants replace the ROOTS. Roots are the foundation of teeth.
- Prevents natural teeth from crookedly shifting into an empty space
- The gold standard to replace missing teeth
- Preserves bone and youthful facial fullness
- Allows you to chew and bite with the strength of natural teeth to maintain a healthy diet
- Restores spaces and unsightly cosmetic defects when smiling and speaking
- Easily maintained (brush and floss daily)
- Easily placed and non-painful
- Allows you to speak clearly
- Creates confidence in maintaining a full set of fixed teeth
- The global success rate of >95% over 10 years compared to bridges, dentures, and root canals
- Dental service of choice versus bridges or dentures in cost-benefit analysis over a lifetime
What we have learned is people do not want implants, they want teeth. Functional, strong, pretty, easy to maintain teeth. Implants are only a component of the total treatment and have become the standard of care for replacing missing teeth.
Your healthy, natural tooth & root is superior to any dental implant and your general dentist will take every step to save that tooth. But if there is a situation where you cannot avoid extracting the tooth, then a dental implant is the ideal choice for replacement.
Dental implants are designed to provide a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth. The person who has lost teeth regains the ability to eat healthier foods such as crunchy salads, apples, nuts, and other hearty protein. Also, it is known that work security may depend on appearance/speech and not just talent. Implants replace empty spaces, so you can smile and speak with confidence knowing that teeth appear natural and that facial contours will be preserved.
Dental implants have a long history but started being used as a successful option since the 1980s by dental surgeons due to proven research and advancements. Implants are titanium posts that take the place of your root and hold your crown. This gives your jaw bone a job to do. This preserves your bone which allows your facial contours to remain full and youthful-looking.
As the population ages, the demand to look and feel younger has grown. People have been educated by friends and family experiences the value of restoring spaces with implants versus having loose dentures or difficult to clean bridges. Some insurances now help pay for them because they recognize the cost-benefit of longevity.
Your dentist creates a comprehensive treatment plan to improve your oral health, aesthetics, and function. This plan may include dental implants. It is your general dentist who will refer to Oral Surgery specialists, Drs. Hullett, for the consultation, to see if you will be a successful implant candidate. Drs. Hullett has decades worth experience to know the inherent pros/cons of your current situation and what will work to meet your expectations.
Your general dentist restores the implant with the crown to achieve bite balance.
Bite balance, healthy adjacent teeth, good oral hygiene and no smoking are a must for a completely successful outcome.
Such emphasis is placed on dental implants because they are changing the way people live and they are the gold standard when replacing teeth. With them, people are rediscovering the comfort and confidence to eat, speak, laugh and enjoy life.
For more information about dental implants and to see if you are a candidate, please schedule your consultation appointment at our office by calling Houston Office Phone Number 713-439-7575.