Important Note to our Patients:
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, Governor Abbott has mandated on March 22 for all medical and dental professionals to post-pone all non-essential medical and dental procedures until April 21, 11:59pm.
A. If you have an emergency, as defined below, then please call, 713-439-7575 to speak with our service so we may triage you for the proper and timely care:
(1) pericoronitis or “wisdom tooth” pain
(2) dental abscess, or localized bacterial infection resulting in localized pain and swelling (able to open mouth, able to breathe, chew and speak)
B. If you have an immediate emergency, as defined below, then you will need to seek immediate care at an ER facility in an hospital setting, as it may require admission:
1) facial bone trauma (broken bones)
2)airway compromise (cannot breathe, speak or swallow properly) from a progressing dental infection
C. For our scheduled patients and follow-up patients, if you have any concerns, please email us at [email protected] so we may help you in a timely manner. Our plan, as of now, is to schedule non-emergency patients for after the mandate is over, April 21st, 2020.
Please stay healthy and safe. The best way to defeat this virus fast is a mass cooperation of quarantine and basic personal hygiene. Continue with distancing from others; wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds; and to maintain oral health: brush your teeth 2 times daily and rinse /spit frequently with warm salt water. Do your best to stay positive and try to get fresh air and sunshine whenever you can.
Drs Jason & Anu Hullett & Team
Southwest Oral & Implant Surgery
Houston and Sugar Land Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, Drs. Jason and Anu Hullett, have specialty training for comprehensive oral and maxillofacial surgery. They have over 28 years of combined experience dedicated to placing dental implants, simple to complex bone grafting techniques, wisdom teeth removal and performing IV sedation everyday. Decades of dedicated focus to these specific oral surgery procedures has created the ability to work efficiently and provide excellent quality care to their patients.
We are a family owned private office where we will get to know you, we care about your over all well-being, and we use our experience and judgement to give you excellent results.
We have a great respect for fear and the amount of trust you need to place in your surgeon’s ability. Equally important, we keep our services affordable. You will receive a treatment plan that is based on education and common sense, as our care must make sense to you.
Our mission is simple: to provide you the best care.
We work very closely with your dentist and offer you open communication about your treatment options. As certified & credentialed oral surgeons, we are permitted and ethically bound to perform oral surgery services and not restorative services. We are proud to work with very skilled restorative dentists that tirelessly work to achieve bite balance and aesthetics.
We have many patients who are out-of-towners, new to Houston, and without a dentist. If you need a dentist, we will match you with one who is ethical, caring, skilled and professional.
Our office maintains a relaxed atmosphere and a friendly, informed staff that are willing to answer your questions up front. We know that even a consultation can be nerve-wracking and we want you to be comfortable. This is your health and we are in this together to take care of it.
Please peruse our website as it has a wealth of information and likely to contain answers to your questions. Be assured, if you ever need us after hours, you will be able to reach Drs. Hullett through answering service by calling 713 – 439 – 7575.
Have Confidence in Your Smile! Get in Touch Today
We are a family owned private office where we will get to know you, we care about your over all well-being, and we use our experience and judgement to give you excellent results.Make an Appointment
24 Greenway Plaza
Houston, TX 77046
Houston Office Phone Number 713-439-7575
Tuesday 8am – 5pm
Thursday 8am – 5pm
Friday 8am – 1pm
What is the purpose of using our specialty services?
- Treatment of an existing disease process
- removal of infected teeth, abscess
- removal of cysts, tumors
- removal of impacted teeth obstructing the health of other teeth
- Restoration of function via placing implants
- chewing (distribute the bite forces equally)
- Restoration of form
- aesthetics via placement of implants in the smile line
- preparation for orthodontic movement
- Preservation of vital structures
- reduce risk of nerve damage in difficult anatomical relations
- reduce the risk bone loss
- maintain healthy sinus and teeth
- Prevention of recurrence
- surgical removal of pathologic processes
- patient education oriented office to easily improve daily oral hygiene
- Providing treatment options
- educate patients on options if available and best course to maintain oral health
- Efficient treatment time and shorter healing time
- Oral surgery is all we do, all day long, for the past 20 years
- We tend to receive the most difficult scenarios and treat with the most gentle, conservative techniques
Dental Implants in Houston and Sugar Land
The Value of Implants
- Implants replace the ROOTS. Roots are the foundation of teeth.
- Prevents natural teeth from crookedly shifting into an empty space
- Gold standard to replace missing teeth
- Preserves bone and youthful facial fullness
- Allows you to chew and bite with the strength of natural teeth to maintain a healthy diet
- Restores spaces and unsightly cosmetic defects when smiling and speaking
- Easily maintained (brush and floss daily)
- Easily placed and non-painful
- Allows you to speak clearly
- Creates confidence in maintaining a full set of fixed teeth
- Global success rate of >95% over 10 years compared to bridges, dentures and root canals
- Dental service of choice versus bridges or dentures in cost-benefit analysis over a lifetime
What we have learned is people do not want implants, they want teeth. Functional, strong, pretty, easy to maintain teeth. Implants are only a component of the total treatment, and has become the standard of care for replacing missing teeth.
Your natural tooth & root is superior to any dental implant and your general dentist will take every step to save that tooth. But if there is a situation you cannot avoid extracting the tooth, then a dental implant is the ideal choice for replacement.
Dental implants are designed to provide a foundation for replacement teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth. The person who has lost teeth regains the ability to eat healthier foods such as crunchy salads, apples, nuts and other hearty protein. Also, it is known that work security may depend on appearance/speech and not just talent. Implants replaces empty spaces, so you can smile and speak with confidence knowing that teeth appear natural and that facial contours will be preserved.
Dental implants have a long history, but started being used as a successful option since the 1980’s by dental surgeons due to proven research and advancements. Implants are titanium posts that take the place of your root and hold your crown. THIS gives your jaw bone a job to do. This preserves your bone which allows your facial contours to remain full and youthful looking.
As the population ages, the demand to look and feel younger has grown. People have been educated by friends and family experiences the value of restoring spaces with implants versus having loose dentures or difficult to clean bridges. Some insurances now help pay for them because they recognize the cost benefit of longevity.
Your dentist creates a comprehensive treatment plan to improve your oral health, aesthetics and function. This plan may include dental implants. It is your general dentist who will refer to Oral Surgery specialists, Drs. Hullett, for the consultation to see if you will be a successful implant candidate. Drs. Hullett have decades worth experience to know the inherent pros / cons of your current situation and what will work to meet your expectations.
Your general dentist restores the implant with the crown to achieve bite balance.
Bite balance, healthy adjacent teeth and good oral hygiene are a must for a completely successful outcome.
Such emphasis is placed on dental implants because they are changing the way people live and they are the gold standard when replacing teeth. With them, people are rediscovering the comfort and confidence to eat, speak, laugh and enjoy life.