Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- DO NOT eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the surgery.
- DO NOT smoke for at least 24 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- DO NOT wear lipstick or excessive makeup on the day of surgery
- DO NOT wear nail polish on the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult with a valid drivers license must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Wear loose fitting – pajama type clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and comfortable shoes. Jeans and other form-fitting clothes are not recommended.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, cough, sore throat, upset stomach or bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Drs. Jason Hullett or Anu Hullett prior to your surgical date for instructions.
The surgeons at Southwest Oral and Implant Surgery are in compliance with OSHA, the DEA and the American Society of Anesthesiology.