Oral Surgery Specialtists
What is an oral surgeon?
Oral and maxillofacial surgery requires 4-6 additional years of residency hospital-based surgical and comprehensive general anesthesia training after graduation from dental school. This surgical field is well developed and bridges the gap between dentistry and medicine. Drs. Jason Hullett and Anu Hullett have focused their private practice service exclusively to teeth removal, IV sedation, pathology removal, trauma, dental implants and bone graft reconstruction.
Drs. Hullett are restorative driven, meaning, when they plan your surgery, they envision the end result of you having fully functional, pretty and easy to maintain teeth.
Is an oral surgeon part of a team?
We are team members! We get most of our referred patients through general dentists, endodontists, prosthodontists, pediatric dentists and periodontists. Other oral surgeons have also referred cases to us that we have completed with success. We also work with trusted medical specialists, such as ENT’s and oncologists, for pathological processes that require long term, multi-team care.
Why should I go to an oral surgeon?
The reason your dentist refers you to us is because we are the first step of your preventative care. We will remove all of the unrestorable, unhealthy teeth and pathology in your mouth prior to any further restorative work started by your dentist. Another reason is due to the ethical duty of the dentist to refer any surgical procedure that is beyond their scope of care to the oral surgeon. We tend to see the cases that are quite difficult. It is the same reasoning as seeing a facial plastic surgeon instead of a general plastic surgeon for a nose job.
Is the staff highly trained as well?
Our staff have received certified training to assist in surgical and implant procedures. They are certified in DAANCE, which trains in monitoring the sedated patient. Our surgical assistants DO NOT push any medications. Patients are continuously monitored during and after surgery. We take your safety seriously.
What makes Drs. Hullett different from other oral surgeons in Houston?
Both Drs. Hullett work joyfully together as they have been doing for the past 15 years and counting. They work efficiently and their primary concern is the safety of the patient. You have two experienced, ethical and thorough surgeons working on your case without any added cost – which purely benefits you for the best outcome. We take a personal pride in the quality of our work.
Are their patient reviews real? What do I trust out there on the WWW?
We promise you that our reviews are 100% real and written by actual patients who took time to do it. We do not have contracts with any vendor to publish only good reviews either. Also, about 95% of our patients are asleep so while you may not remember the surgery to write a review, we hope you felt kindness and concern throughout your time with us. It is important that you trust your doctor, and form a relationship based on integrity and ethics. If there should ever be a negative review, we will use it to improve. Drs. Hullett promises to do good in the community.
Our goal and mission is to give you the best care — simple. We have dedicated our lives to learning the most up -to- date practices for surgical excellence, and on a human level, to make sure you are comfortable and come away more satisfied than you started. We choose implants and reconstructive materials that have a proven success record — and constantly demand the most updated research from our implant companies. We practice with honesty, integrity, and a passion for what we do.
We work closely with our dentist colleagues and encourage you to visit them for checkups to ensure a healthy mouth. Dr’s. Hullett work with Houston’s, Sugar Land and Missouri City’s most talented restorative dentists who maintain your oral health.
In everyone’s busy lives these days, it is easy to neglect ourselves and put off our oral healthcare until a big infection hits. But a hygiene checkup visit can combat costlier visits down the road. Having a pain free mouth, a beautiful smile, and strong teeth is one of the first steps to having a QUALITY life.
Questions to ask yourself when visiting your doctor
- What is my goal in visiting this particular doctor? What is my complaint?
- Is it to rid pain and infection?
- Is it for preventative purposes?
- To improve aesthetics and smile?
- To improve my chewing ability?
- To improve my speaking ability?
- Can I trust this doctor to invest in their abilities?
- Is the office clean and has passed all state regulations?
- Do the doctors treat me kindly and with respect?
- Do the office members speak to me with respect?
- Will the office members understand my limitations?
- Will I be able to follow their instructions?
- Do I acknowledge that smoking will cause failure of the procedure?
- Are their services affordable?
- Will they do what is best for me?
The success of your treatment is dependent on teamwork effort.
Please make sure to bring your loved one who helps you make your decisions, plans your schedules and helps you with your finances. We can efficiently carry out your treatment with the help of your supporters.
As your oral surgeon, we provide you the highest quality of care using the best quality materials, simple, clean techniques, and the most advanced, efficient technology. We research our materials and use those that consistently have the greatest success in our hands.
The dentists that we work with also follow the same philosophy to serve excellent quality care using evidence based practice.
Equally, we rely on you for a successful outcome.
- We ask you to be truthful in medical history and medications/recreational drugs taken. With this information, we can provide proper care and make you comfortable.
- We ask you to adhere to simple pre and post-operative instructions such as having a good oral hygiene routine, not spitting or playing with the surgical site, avoid smoking, and keeping dental check-ups.
- Keeping your oral cavity clean creates an environment where your implant will strongly connect to your bone and your extraction sites heal without infection.
Being non-compliant or the inability to stick to a recommended routine is a very costly burden on the US Healthcare system and contributes to failure of treatment. Who seeks failure? What motivates us is knowing we have contributed to your good health. What motivates you? One of the best things to do is to visit your dental hygienist for simple and effective instruction on how to care for your teeth and implants. Visiting your dentist will help prevent small problems from becoming larger ones. Dr’s Hullett & Team will help motivate you and your care-taker towards having a healthy oral cavity — the entryway of all health.
As part of OSHA compliance & Texas State Board Rule we:
- Spore test our equipment weekly without fail. We keep our biological indicator results records for several years on hand.
- Use disposable protection barriers on equipment
- Use disposable employee protection barriers
- Use disposable patient protection barriers